Turmeric Milk Tea
Turmeric is a fantastic herb that has many health and healing properties. Its potent anti-inflammatory properties make it a great herb for joint pain and inflammatory digestive and skin conditions. Turmeric also contains antimicrobial properties, which help to support a strong immune system. Given the world that we live in, we are surrounded by inflammation-provoking culprits on a daily basis, such as sugar, processed and packaged foods, air pollution, etc. Choosing a diet rich in whole foods, like vegetables, fruit, nuts, seeds, beans, legumes, healthy fat and protein will help to promote overall health and wellness. Incorporating herbs like turmeric, can further improve your health. If you are looking for a replacement to your syrup-filled artificially flavoured favourite fall drink, give this a try. Here is our recipe, modified from www.nutritionstripped.com, to create an enjoyable warm drink, giving big name latte’s a run for their money! This drink is perfect for the fall, sharing with friends and family, or on your own with a good book. Enjoy!
– 2 cups of unsweetened almond milk
– 1 Tbsp local honey
– ½ Tbsp coconut oil
– 1 tsp ground turmeric
– 1 tsp ground cinnamon
– small pinch black pepper and grated ginger
1. Pour all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil, whisk to combine ingredients.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Strain milk if desired and add additional cinnamon and honey to taste. Enjoy warm!
Do you have a variation of this drink that you enjoy? Share below!