The Grand Opening of our new Cookstown office is upon us, so that means tasty healthy snacks for all. These energy bites are back by popular demand, however I decided to change it up this time choosing an almond theme rather than peanut butter.
These simple, tasty, and nutritious snacks are great for on-the-go, healthy party snacks, or evening craving quenchers. They really pack a punch nutritionally speaking, high in protein, healthy fats and a variety of vitamins and minerals. The ingredients can be varied, as long as the wet to dry ratio remains the same. Change the nuts/seeds, add ground flaxseeds or dried fruit to match your families taste- the beauty of the energy bites!
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Combine the almond butter, honey, cocoa powder.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients into the bowl, mix until evenly blended.
- Roll into balls of desired size and place on a cookie sheet. If desired, roll in shredded coconut.
- Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes to cool.
Let me know what you think!